This page explains how we collect and use information, and how we protect your privacy.
This notice only applies to services provided by Digital Nomads Limited and to the Digital Nomads website located at www.digital-nomads.com. If you follow a link to an external website, please read the privacy notice for that site.
In accordance with the law, we only collect a limited amount of information about you that is necessary for correspondence, information and service provision. We do not use profiling, we do not sell or pass your data to third parties. We do not use your data for purposes other than those specified. We make sure your data is stored securely. We delete all information deemed to be no longer necessary. We constantly review our policies to keep up to date in protecting your data.
Data protection law (including GDPR)
We have a legal duty to protect personal information we collect from you. Digital Nomads Limited is the data controller for your data.
What we mean by personal information
“Personal data” means data which relate to a living individual who can be identified: –
- From those data, or;
- From those data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, the data controller and includes any expression of opinion about the individual and any indication of the intentions of the data controller or any other person in respect of the individual.
All personal information that we obtain from you will be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of this privacy notice and relevant data protection law.
Personal information collected
We collect and process the following data: –
- Your name and email address if you register to receive our newsletter (via MailChimp);
- Your email address if you subscribe to receive news updates by email from our blog;
- Information you provide when you submit or post content to the site or when you contact us (including when you report a problem with the site to us or make an enquiry about our products and services), and;
- Non-personally identifiable information collected by Google Analytics to help analyse how visitors use the site (see Cookies below).
By providing us with your personal data, you consent to our processing (using and storing) your personal data for the purposes set out below.
How we use your personal information
We use personal data held about you in the following ways: –
- To reply to enquiries you have made about our products and services and to respond to requests for technical support;
- To contact you by email with information about news related to Digital Nomads business activities and services and with details of courses and events that may be relevant to you (if you have subscribed to our newsletter), and;
- For assessment and analysis to enable us to review, develop and improve the services we offer.
We do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise share your information with any other party, unless required to do so for law enforcement purposes.
This means that if you opt in to receive information from Digital Nomads Limited you will only ever receive information from our company i.e. we will never spam you with unrelated offers or third party promotions.
We will only keep your data for the purpose it was collected for and only for as long as is necessary. After which it will be deleted. (You many request the deletion of your data held by Digital Nomads Limited at any time).
MailChimp provide an online platform that we occasionally use to create, send, and manage email newsletters. The service uses distribution lists containing the names and email addresses of our subscribers i.e. people who have opted in to receive our newsletter.
All of our newsletters include an unsubscribe link which will automatically remove a subscriber’s details from our distribution list.
MailChimp web beacons
When we send emails to our newsletter subscribers, we’ll sometimes track who opened the emails and who clicked the links. To do this, we include single pixel gifs, also called web beacons, in emails we send. Web beacons allow MailChimp to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. We are able to use that data in MailChimp to run reports to see who has or hasn’t opened our emails or clicked links. We do that to measure our email campaigns’ performance and to improve our features and relevance for our subscribers.
Subscribe by Email
You may also have opted in to receive updates by email. These are generated when news items (blog posts) are added to our site. Your email address is held securely within the website and the emails are sent from the site using secure, in built functionality. Subscriber emails always include an unsubscribe link which will automatically remove a subscriber’s details from our list.
For further details on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Code website.
When you first use our site a cookie notice will require you to acknowledge that you understand that cookies are used on the site and you will be able to toggle analytics cookies on or off.
For more detail on how to manage cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we protect your personal data
We are strongly committed to data security and privacy and we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security, proportionate to risk.
This website is maintained by Digital Nomads Limited and hosted by Heart Internet on secure, UK based servers.
The website uses several industry standard security components to enhance the standard WordPress security functions. These features seek to block attempted attacks and make various configuration changes to mitigate against vulnerabilities. The website admin login is protected by two-factor authentication. Software components are monitored and frequently updated as new versions are released.
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
When exercising any of the rights listed below, in order to process your request, we may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases we will need you to respond with proof of your identity before you can exercise these rights.
- The right to access personal data we hold on you;
- The right to correct and update the personal data we hold on you;
- The right to have your personal data erased;
- The right to object to processing of your personal data or to restrict it to certain purposes only;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time for any processing of data to which consent was obtained, and;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information or advice on your rights please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
Rights related to automated decision making and profiling
Digital Nomads Limited does not use any form of automated decision making or the profiling of individual personal data.
Contacting us about the privacy notice
You can contact Digital Nomads Limited in the following ways: –
Via the contact form on our website
By email to email@example.com
By post to Digital Nomads Limited, Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX
By ringing 0843 289 0299
Changes to the privacy notice
If this privacy notice changes in any way, we will post the new information on this page.
Last updated: 19 April, 2018
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.